How We Collect Information
We collect information about you from a variety of sources when you access our Services, including:
- directly from you (when you sign up for or use our Services);
- from our business partners and service providers;
- from third party sources; and
- automatically from devices that you use to connect to our Services.
Types of Information We Collect
The amount and type of information that we collect about you depends on the nature of your interaction with our Services. We collect information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us. We collect the following information based on different scenarios of usage while accessing our Services:
- Registration Information
when signing up for your account, we collect your email address and password; passwords are hashed and encrypted before being transmitted to our servers; we do not see the clear text version of your password.
- Contact Information
- authentication information (e.g. your account’s email address and encrypted password);
- communications with us (e.g. interaction with our sales or customer support teams);
- when buying phone numbers from certain countries, we may ask you to submit proof of identity and/or address verification information in order to comply with the requirements of local regulations in the territories from which the phone number(s) originate; we may share that information with our third party telecommunication providers in order to fulfill the transaction requirements and provide the phone number to your account; and
- we allow you to add other contacts and phone numbers to your app’s address book, this information is stored until you choose to delete the contact information or your account.
- Usage Information
- like most website and app operators, we collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as which screens or pages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, language preferences, and so on);
- message content contained within SMS/MMS segments as well as the source and destination numbers are stored until you delete your message history, associated phone number, or your account;
- CDR (Call Detail Records) are stored until you delete the call log, associated phone number, or your account (CDRs contains various attributes of the call, such as time, duration, completion status, source number, and destination number);
- voicemail recordings and voicemail greetings are stored until you delete voicemail recordings, voicemail greetings, the associated phone number, or your account; and
- You are entirely and solely responsible for any information that you disclose or share with other users through our Services. We strongly recommend that you use extreme caution in sharing any personal information with other parties through our Services – TalkTT is not responsible for any information that you disclose to other parties through our Services.
- Billing Information
- payment information is collected by our third party payment providers such as Apple, Google, Stripe or Paypal, each of which may require you to provide your billing details and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date). In most cases, we will have access to transaction reference numbers and/or your billing information pertaining to each payment.
- Information from Third Parties and Integration Partners
- we collect your information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us or where you have made that information publicly available online; and
- other sources (to the extent permitted by applicable law we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information and warnings, or other information about you from partner networks).
- Log Data
we collect log data each time a device accesses our servers, log data includes details about the nature of each access including originating IP addresses, access times, device type, operating system versions, internet service providers, pages you view before and after using the Services, links to third party applications, and hardware and software information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- verifying identity and authenticating information;
- payment processing;
- to send email notifications and reminders related to the Services;
- providing the Services and operating our business;
- responding to customer requests and complaints;
- sending newsletters or other marketing information;
- establishing and maintaining relationships with our users;
- optimizing experiences by performing analytics and conducting research;
- conducting investigations, detecting fraud, abuse, security breaches and other harmful activity;
- resolving disputes and enforcing agreements and policies; and
- meeting and complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information We Share: Partners and Integrations
certain information may be shared with third parties or published when you follow links to third party websites, we do not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you may be providing information to them directly – such parties will have their own rules and policies in respect of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and we encourage you to review these rules and policies;
information that you choose to share publicly or with others may be indexed through third party search engines – we do not control the practices of third party search engines so you need to be careful about the information you make public;
at your request or with your consent;
as required by applicable laws and related rules and regulations;
in connection with a merger, acquisition or other corporate transaction;
If you are a registered user of our Services and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with our Services and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- within our organization;
- to help us provide certain aspects of our Services, we use third party affiliates and trusted key partners with whom we enter into confidentiality and data processing terms to ensure that they comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practice in privacy and security standards. Each third party service provider has its own rules and privacy policies and we encourage you to review these rules and policies – in particular we engage third parties to:
- facilitate payment processing;
- facilitate sending customer email surveys or marketing notifications;
- manage our sales and customer support services to you;
- deliver and help us track our marketing and advertising content;
- help us provide core features of telecommunications services;
- help us track website conversions and success metrics;
Security of Personal Information
We use appropriate security measures when we destroy personal information.
We routinely review and update our security policies and controls to ensure ongoing personal information security, though the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we cannot guarantee the complete security and protection of the transmission and storage of your information.
Accuracy of Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information is accurate and complete. You may make a request to update, correct, or delete your personal information at any time by submitting a request in writing to email@example.com. It is your responsibility to provide updates to your personal information and to maintain its accuracy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, unless such consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation. Your withdrawal may restrict our ability to provide the Services. There are limited circumstances in which we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent. They are:
- when the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- in an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health or personal security;
- when the personal information is available from a public source;
- when we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- for the purposes of collecting debt;
- to protect ourselves from fraud; or
- to investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law.
Questions and Complaints
Let’s say you’ve read everything here and you’ve checked out our product-specific FAQs, but you still have more questions or concerns about how we’re processing personal information, or you would like to know more about how to exercise your rights. You can contact our Privacy Team by either emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the Terms